41: New Possible Income Revenues For Apple
In a week when 'Uncle Tim' talked to Jim Cramer of Mad Money and the Apple Earnings Call showed they're “doing OK”, the UK's Government's secret plans to spy on its own citizens even more got leaked and Microsoft released a strangely schizophrenic Windows 10S platform aimed at low end hardware to combat the Chromebooks teamed with a premium Surface Laptop priced at $999, we take our usual “seamless” wander around the highways and byways of Apple and tech related news...
This and other episodes are available at
On this week’s show:
- Battle of the mega bots Suidobashi and MegaBots will both be streaming the fight on their respective YouTube channels. – CNET
- Microsoft's event Windows 10S and the Surface Laptop
- Apple's Earnings Call - Let's Talk Apple
- Apple New Applied Lemon Fresh Tissue Wipes.
- Apple Commision rates - Apple
- Amazon Prime hopefully coming to Apple TV
- Guy's CBS Rant
Nemo’s Hardware Store (39m, 40s)
- Thinksound On2 Wood On-Ear Monitor Headphones (natural black): Amazon
- SCOTTeVEST 21 Pocket Fleece Travel Jacket: Amazon
This week’s “App-session” [obsession.. geddit?]
Also I got this from somewhere - Vanilla
it's somewhat like Bartender and it lets you rearrange or hide the icons on the right hand side of your menubar. It is free to use and only £3.20 to unlock the “Pro” version with a few more options (although Bartender costs about £12 it does more things) I have used it to put Spotlight, Siri, Fast User Switching and a bunch of other stuff in the pop out “hidden” section.
Social Media and Slack
If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon
And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.
Find out more on the The Essential Apple Podcast website.
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.