Recorded 8th February 2018
This week Elon sent the Falcon Heavy up to put his Tesla Roadster, with the spacesuited mannequin 'Starman' playing Bowie on the stereo, into an orbit around Mars and missed slightly, sending it out towards the Asteroid Belt instead. Meanwhile the flat earther “Mad” Mike Hughes failed to get his steam powered rocket to lift off (again).
MacUpdate served up crypto miner infected files and a flaw in the Hotspot Shield VPN can expose users' locations.
That's all fine and dandy but much more importantly we have a very special guest with us on the show this week. Bob Gager from Adobe join us to talk about the Elements versions of Photoshop and Premiere. The no-subscription, home user, versions of two of Adobe's big hitter professional applications.
On this week's show:
- Apple to repair iPhone 7s with 'no service' bug for free – Engadget
- Telegram Illegal Content Follow Up – 9to5 Mac
- A flaw in Hotspot Shield can expose VPN users, locations – ZDNet
- Hackers infiltrated MacUpdate to distribute Mac cryptocurrency miners – International Business Times, UK
- Intel re-issues Meltdown and Spectre patches with fresh code to rid users of performance issues – IT Pro
IN THE NEWS
- Court rules that UK's digital surveillance powers are illegal – IT Pro
- Elon Musk’s Tesla overshot Mars’ orbit, but it won’t reach the asteroid belt as claimed – The Verge
- “Mad” Mike Hughes fails to achieve lift off – NY Daily News
An Interview with Bob Gager of Adobe Elements
Nemo's Hardware Store (26:43)
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
EssentialApple.com / Pinecast / Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / Slack – ask us for an invite any way you can get hold of us.
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn't have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.
Support The Essential Apple Podcast by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/essential-apple-show
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.