Recorded 30th September 2017
Mark just about has time to do the show before he jets off again, this time to Munich for the Oktoberfest. We are joined by Peter Emery (@_windrider) from Australia to talk about his old Macs, virtual flu pandemics, Keychain Stealer and more.
On this week’s show:
- iFixit’s iPhone 8 teardown shows that you really don’t want to crack that glass back – The Verge
- Keychain stealer is real, but not as bad as it might first seem – The Mac Observer
- iPhone 8 is so much faster than Android that even Geekbench creator can’t believe it – BGR
- Apple's new “kext approval system” gives Simon grief!
- Pi Plans to Make the iPhone's Wireless Charging Contactless – The Mac Observer
- Crank the range on this up to a couple of feet or more and we can really start talking
- postmarketOS: An Ultimate Linux Distro For Your Smartphones Is Coming – Fossbytes
- and you can read up about postmarketOS directly here
IN THE NEWS
- Opinion to shutter its free podcast hosting
- How you could help stop a flu pandemic – BBC News
Nemo’s Hardware Store
- Nemo is on holiday: so no store this week.
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
EssentialApple.com / Pinecast / Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / Slack – ask us for an invite any way you can get hold of us.
Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn't have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon
And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.